The Super Tour, slated for March 3, 2012, is a race for those who like to go fast, or it can be skied as a loosely guided tour for those looking for a more relaxing pace. This 22.5k event starts at 8am at the Gothic Road trailhead in Mt. CB. The course winds out the East River to the town site of Gothic some 4.5 miles to the first checkpoint at the Maroon Hut.From there the course heads up valley to trail 403 and then winds its way up and over to the “top of the world” above Elkton and the second checkpoint/aid station. From the “top of the world” it’s all downhill to Elkton, before cruising the last 5 miles to the finish and hot soup at the Washington Gulch trailhead.
- This is a backcountry course. Shovels, probes, beacons and full skins required.
- Water available at checkpoints.
- Bring your own food, water and appropriate clothing.
- COSAR cards required. Sold at CBNC.
- Mandatory turn around for those who miss Gothic checkpoint within 60 minutes.
- Event subject to cancellation due to high avalanche conditions. Fees refunded.